With an almost 800 thousand kilograms of pomegranate, Iran has the first rank in pomegranate production in the world with around 700 varieties.
Pomegranate production occurs in subtropical areas of the country. It has been used in foods and also in industry as a source for coloring Persian carpet wool.
Selecting a good pomegranate is always difficult, but a good pomegranate is heavier than what it looks, has a thin peel with no cracks and sunburn.
Benefits of pomegranate
Pomegranate has got many benefits and the main benefits are as the following:
- Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and has high levels of vitamin C and potassium.
- This fruit reduce the risk of heart disease.
- That reduces the risk of cancer, especially prostate and pancreatic cancer.
- Reduces blood cholesterol.
- It prevents damage to cells.
- It helps the health of the gums.
Iran’s pomegranate market
As the first pomegranate producing country, Iran has a good export activity to the European countries, Russia and Middle East countries.
The organic production of this fruit in the country has made many countries to import this product from Iran
Also packing this product is conducted by the expert workers after the quality control and sorting the fruit.
As this fruit exists in both sweet and sour tastes, it can attract almost everyone and the Iranian pomegranate is much more affordable due to its thin peel.